Hey Strong Temples!
Praying for each of you as we all navigate this truly unique time. We wanted to check in on everyone and see how you all were doing and also drop some tips on how to stay occupied and still continue to serve.
We also have a super simple recipe to keep you well-nourished, support your immune system, and fill you up.
+Eat well: If you haven’t locked down your healthy way of eating, now is the time. Most of us are stuck at home and are able to now finally cook and love on our bodies and our families in the way of nourishing meals.
+Make A Meal: Make a meal for an elderly neighbor or offer to do their grocery shopping for them! Instacart is also another great option and you could have their groceries delivered to them.
+Educate Yourself: We may be able to now make the time to sit down and do some research about our food industry. Maybe get the family involved and watch a good documentary? The Magic Pill is a great place to start (Netflix!) Social distancing, while difficult, can allow us some time to focus inwardly on our personal growth and how we can better serve others and the planet when we are able to fully come out of quarantine.
+Make and Stick To It: Many people have found this to be the key to peace when having everyone at home all day, every day. If you are a single person, this can also add structure to your day that you would normally have if you went into work. Make sure to schedule in time for fun, for learning and for community. Maybe starting a praise and worship prayer call with your friends?
+Try Something New: Or learn something new! Is there something that has been on your heart for a while to try? For example, one of our athletes really wants to get double unders, so she will use some quaranTIME to practice. Break out all the recipes you always wanted to try! Go for a walk every day. Even if it is something you have done before, making and keeping that habit IS new!
+Engage Your Kids or Spouse: Play games with your family or friends (virtually), build a robot out of things in your kitchen, organize a weird secret room and make it your prayer closet. Friends, the sky is the limit. Let’s not look back at this time with regret, but with joy and fond memories.
+Offer Skills Online: Many are offering free resources online during this time of uncertainty. For example, Temple Training is hosting FREE WODS in the Temple Training Community Page. Challenge your friends to compete with you for the best time— and do it together over Zoom! Check out other resources in your area, just do a little digging!
+Donate Excess: canned food, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products to your local shelter. Many people are reacting out of self-preservation, and while this is a natural human reaction, we are called to be set apart (share your toilet paper!!)
+Reach Out: Connect with friends and family, check in on them and see how they are doing in the midst of this. Maybe one of them just really needed to know that someone cared! How amazing that you can be Christ’s Love to them. This is an awesome time to spread the Gospel. However, the Spirit leads, this is a time to take advantage of and share the good news!! Most of us are sitting at home anyway. The joy of the Lord is our strength!
+Buy From Companies Supporting Others: Some food companies, clothing companies, etc are partnering with food banks and with people who may be struggling more financially because of the virus. Try to support these companies and partner with them to help bring more hope to our extended community.
RECIPE: EGG DROP SOUP
+1 quart of bone broth, homemade or store-bought.
+3 pasture-raised eggs
+Himalayan salt to taste
+Cayenne to taste
+LOTS of garlic. Or to taste.
+2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or olive oil
+ALSO makes a wonderful base for a vegetable or chicken noodle soup.
- Bring broth almost to a boil, but not quite.
- If using fresh garlic/ onion, chop very finely and add to broth.
- Once the broth is almost at the boiling point, drop in 3 eggs and lower heat to medium. Add olive oil or butter.
- Begin to whisk vigorously.
- Add salt, cayenne, and any other additive you so choose.
- The eggs should cook very quickly and your soup will be ready in a matter of minutes.
- Enjoy with some tea for a breakfast that is easy on the digestive system and deeply nourishing/immune boosting. Check out our Instagram for more reasons why this soup is so great for you.
Fam, we hope to have encouraged you to take action and also relax! God’s got us!
Love to all,
Temple Training Staff
- Meditate on this scripture: “AND I AM CONVINCED THAT NOTHING CAN EVER SEPARATE US FROM GOD’S LOVE. NEITHER DEATH NOR LIFE, NEITHER ANGELS NOR DEMONS, NEITHER OUR FEARS FOR TODAY NOR OUR WORRIES ABOUT TOMORROW—NOT EVEN THE POWERS OF HELL CAN SEPARATE US FROM GOD’S LOVE.” ROMANS 8.38 No fear can separate us. Is He not everywhere? Is He not before us and behind us and all around us? IS HE NOT IN CONTROL??? Wait. Deep breath. He is.
- Serve, in the way the Spirit leads you!
- Seriously, challenge yourself and try something new.
- Continue to Love. Always Love.